Here are a few items that really improve my productivity — Check ’em out!
- Adobe Creative Cloud for many of my development projects (including Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Acrobat Pro, and Dreamweaver).
- TeuxDeux to-do list manager for keeping track of the million-and-one tasks I need to remember.
- LastPass for remembering logins (and I have quite a few to keep track of…).
- MailChimp and Constant Contact for Newsletter creation.
- Crashplan for offsite file backup.
- WordPress for websites and blogs.
- Genesis Framework for WordPress by Studio Press, to get the most out of WordPress.
- Transmit for FTP file transfer (Mac only)
- Appointlet for managing online scheduling and displaying calendar availability
If you’re a local client (in the Fremont/East Bay area), check out Aria Printing & Shipping in Mission San Jose. I’ve been using their services to print marketing collateral (brochures, tickets, invitations, signs, you-name-it) for over ten years. Helpful, friendly staff, great turnaround, and they support all of the software I use to create print materials. I know the online printers are cheaper (but not by much). With Aria, I can call and say “I’m sending the files, can you print a proof copy?” Then I email the files, and 5 minutes later can drive over, see the proof, make adjustments (their staff can often do them on my files), and away we go.
For stock photos and illustrations, my vendor of choice is iStockphoto. I have accounts at several major photo libraries, but like this one best. I buy credits in large quantity, so can purchase on behalf of clients and save them a few bucks.
If you’re looking for head shots, I love Kristina Rust, who did my photos. She even posted a blog item about my photo shoot. Enthusiastic, professional, all I could have hoped for, and more! Through the initial contact by email, the phone planning sessions, and the actual photo shoot, she was friendly, patient, supportive, and full of great suggestions. Although I was a bit apprehensive, she put me at ease immediately and I really had fun in the process. Kristina is in San Jose, and has a number of great photo shoot locations available in the South Bay and Silicon Valley.
If you’re in the market for professional real estate or commercial/business photos, contact Scott Capen, here in Fremont. Real estate photography takes a special set of skills, given the marketing angle and how the photos are used. Scott has many years of experience both in the Real Estate world and as a photographer.