Here are a few items that really improve my productivity — Check ’em out!
- Adobe Creative Cloud for development projects (including Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Acrobat Pro, and Dreamweaver).
- TeuxDeux to-do list manager for keeping track of the million-and-one tasks you need to remember.
- LastPass for remembering logins.
- Active Campaign and MailChimp for email marketing.
- Crashplan for offsite file backup.
- WordPress for websites and blogs.
- Transmit for FTP file transfer (Mac only)
- Appointlet for managing online scheduling and displaying calendar availability
I personally know each of these web pros, through participation in advisory boards and committees, as well as private Facebook and LinkedIn groups of web pros. We are all of like mind, in terms of personalized service, customer satisfaction, and technical proficiency. They are listed alpha by first name, so no particular order of recommendation — they’re all great!
Each of these web pros works with small businesses and nonprofits, and is open to redesign projects in addition to ongoing maintenance.
Note: don’t let time zone or location influence your decision. This is a virtual job, and web pros work with clients all over the country, as I have done.
- Cami MacNamara, WebCami Site Design (Seattle, Washington)
- Karen Etchells, Innovast (Connecticut)
- Kena Peterson, Bright Ideas Website Design (Denver, Colorado)
- Kerri Marvel, Kerri Marvel Services (Reno, Nevada)
- Panatda Inthala and Clay Andrews, PNW Design Consulting (Seattle, Washington)
- Philip Levine, South Florida Web Advisors (Boynton Beach, Florida)
- Sara Santa, Wirebird Media (Bend, Oregon)
- Saras Venkatram, SV3 Designs (San Jose, California)
Paid stock photos and illustrations: iStockphoto.
Free stock photos: Pexels.
If you’re in the market for professional headshots, real estate, or commercial/business photos, contact Scott Capen, here in Fremont. Real estate photography takes a special set of skills, given the marketing angle and how the photos are used. Scott has many years of experience both in the Real Estate world and as a professional photographer.