Conventional wisdom says an About page should be about you. Not true.
Your About page isn’t actually about you, it’s about your potential customer. It must accomplish just two simple tasks:
- Convince your reader you see them, understand their problem, and can provide the solution they need.
- Persuade them to give you their money.
Ditch your “just OK” About page and pivot to a strategy to sell, sell, sell!
Before we discuss how, let’s talk about why. A comprehensive and compelling Much Ado About You!® strategy:
- Demonstrates you know your audience, and you understand your prospective customers
- Confirms you know the specific unique benefits you provide, and why they matter to your audience
- Articulates how you can help
- Demonstrates how you’ve provided solutions for others
- Shows why you can be trusted
- Gives a sense of what it’s like to work with you
- Shares your values, letting people know who you really are and what you believe
- Tells the story of your professional journey, explaining how you got to where you are today
- Establishes how you know what you know