The conventional wisdom is that an About page should be about you. That’s wrong.
Your About page isn’t really about you, it’s about your potential customer. It needs to do just two simple things:
- Explain to your potential customer why they should read the page in the first place, and
- Tell them why they should give you their money.
It’s time to ditch that “just OK” About page and pivot to a strategy that helps you sell, sell, sell!
Before we discuss how, let’s talk about why. A comprehensive and compelling Much Ado About You!® strategy:
- Demonstrates that you know your audience, and you understand your prospective customers
- Confirms that you know the specific unique benefits you provide, and why they matter to your audience
- Articulates how you can help
- Demonstrates how you’ve provided solutions for others
- Shows why you can be trusted
- Gives a sense of what it’s like to work with you
- Shares your values, letting people know who you really are and what you believe
- Tells the story of your professional journey, explaining how you got to where you are today
- Establishes how it is that you know what you know